Instructions for use
Instructions for installation of the ETC device
Important: When installing the ETC device, please follow the instructions closely. If you use unsuitable methods or location of installation, the device can fall and get damaged, resulting in malfunction upon arrival to the toll booth.
The Electronic toll payment device is comprised of the ETC device (device depicted may vary from your device) and mounting bracket.
In order to install the ETC device in your vehicle, the bracket must be affixed to the front windshield.
The ETC device functions properly only when it is seated in the corresponding mounting bracket.
Before installation of your ETC device:
In the operational manual of your vehicle, check if the vehicle’s windshield has thermal protection.
If your vehicle does not have a windshield with thermal protection:
The mounting bracket has to be affixed to the inside of the windshield, behind the rear view mirror and slightly to the left in a manner that does not obstruct the drivers view..
If your vehicle has a windshield with thermal protection:
Most windshields with thermal protection have a non-metalic window, usualy located behind the rear view mirror, above or below the base of the mirror, slightly to the left. Sometimes this window is located on the bottom of the windshield.
Once you have found the non-metalic part of your windshield, the mounting bracked is affixed in a way so that the center of the bracket rectangle is positioned in the center of the non-metalic part of the windshield.
Things you need prior to installing your ETC device
Positioning of the bracket:
Best results are obtained when the bracket is installed with the removal tab facing downwards, but other positions are also possible (with the tab facing right, left or up).
Installing the bracket:
In order to properly affix your bracket, follow this procedure:
- Make sure the interior of the windshield is dry, and the temperature is above 15° C
- Without removing the protective film form the adhesive tape on the bracket, place the ETC device into the bracket and position the set in order to check if the selected position disrupts the drivers view
- Clean and remove all oil residue from the front windshield in the location where the bracket will be mounted, using a moist tissue dowsed in isopropile alcohol. The surface must be clean.
- Wait for the cleaning liquid to evaporate. The surface must be completely dry before continuing to next phase.
- Remove the transparent protective film from the adhesive tape on the bracket
- Affix the bracket to the front windshield in the area you have cleaned and press firmly for a few seconds
- The bracket is installed and ready for mounting of the ETC device
Installing the ETC device into the mounting bracket:
The bracket is constructed so that the ETC device can only be installed in one direction. In order to insert the ETC device, insert the wider part into the bracket, then insert the thinner end by pressing down. The ETC device is ready for use.
Remove the ETC device from the bracket by pressing down on the tab with the middle finger and thumb on the top.
For further information, call the toll free info telephone number 0800-0422